SPIC-MACAY is the Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music & Culture amongst Youth. The purpose of this society is to bring the ancient out forms in music & dance on a platform to make our youth aware of the rich heritage of which they are part.
A sub-chapter (one of seven subchapters) was at IET in year 2002 under SPIC-MACAY Alwar Chapter. At present Dr. Manju Agarwal, Executive Director of IET Group of Institutions holds the position of president of SPIC-MACAY, Alwar Chapter.
Some of the activities organized under SPIC-MACAY as follows :
- Kaththak Dance Performance was organized on 26th August, 2016. Renowned Dance Maestro Ms. Munisha Nayak performed Kaththak Dance.
- Kaththak Dance Performance was organized on 14h October, 2012. Renowned Dance Maestro Ms. Shobhana Narayan performed Kaththak Dance.
- Dhruvpad Gayan was organized on 5th September, 2012. Sh. Umakant Gundecha and Sh. Ramakant Gundecha performed bhajans in dhruvpad gayan.
- Musical Day was organized on 17th April, 2012. Classical Artists Sh. Bahuddin Dagar (on Rudra veena), Shri Man Mohan (on Pakhawaj) and Ms. Antim Jaimon (on tanpura) performed soothing musical jugalbandi.
- Kathak Dance was organized on 1st March, 2012 at IET, Alwar. The Dance was performed by Renowned Kathak Dance Performer Ms. Mahuwa Shankar.
- SPIC-MACAY holds biannual festival in the month of September and March under the names VIRASAT and UTSAV series respectively. Many programmes & workshops are organized at Subchapters.
- In the inaugural year of IET Subchapter, i.e. 2002, Ms. Uma Sharma, renowned Kathak Dancer and Grammy Award Winner, Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, artist of Mohan Veena, enthroned the audience with their beautiful performance.
- Then, in 2003, a group of Chau Folk Dancers from Purulia, West Bengal performed in IET & depicted the mythology of Shiv, Parvati and Ganesha.
- The programmes of Sher-o-Shayari always hold Special Sentiments with youth. Wadali Brothers, the winners of Sangeet Academy Award & Singers of Patiala Gharana of Music quenched this thirst of youth with their readition of Sufi Kalam & Classical Music under Virasat - 04.
- SPIC-MACAY holds Zonal & National Conference on regular basis. IET was the proud organizer of 2 Days Zonal Conference in 2005. The various activities of society, slide shows by photographer Jugal Gandhi, dance & music performances by renowned artists.
- In the same year, Padamshree Uma Sharma, the renowned Kathak Dancer again performed on the Stage of IET. In 2006, renowned Qawwadi Group of Iqbal Bandanawaji & Group performed under VIRASAT Series. In 2007, Swami Vivekanand Bharti & Brothers presented 'Kabir Vani'. They highlighted the teacher-student relationship in 'Dohas' from Kabir, a Sufi Saint and a tribal group presented from West Bengal Chhau Folk dance form.
- Year 2008 saw more, vibrant programmes in form of 'Pandwani Gayan' by Padamshree Tijan Bai, a renowned artist from Madhya Pradesh and presentation of a costumed dance ballad on a stay of Ramayan by 'Yakshamanjusha' group.